One of the most common questions we get from our clients is: How do you inspire your millennial workforce?
This week, I want to give you five factors that really influence millennials and how they respond to your organization. I think you’ll find these factors aren’t really that different from what of us want.
- Purpose – We want to know that our work has meaning. In a recent survey, 87% of millennials stated they believe an organization’s purpose should go beyond profits. How are you communicating your purpose to your team?
- Winning – We all feel more inspired when we’re winning. Are you looking for ways to celebrate wins (big or small) with your team?
- Growth – How are you growing and improving as individuals, as a team and as an organization? Remember, it’s about progress not perfection. Growth is more inspiring than stagnation.
- Respect – People want to know that their perspective matters and feel that they are respected. If you’re not listening to your millennials, you’re missing a huge opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to your organization. [bctt tweet=”If you’re not listening to your millennials, you’re missing a huge opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to your organization.” username=”markatrisepg”]
- Empowerment – Are your team members able to use their natural talents and abilities to accomplish the organization’s overall goals? Feeling like you’re making a difference is a big motivator.
I challenge you to score your team, department and/or organization in each of these areas. Use a scale of 1 to 10 – and be brutally honest. In any area where you didn’t score an 8 or above, start making an intentional effort to improve. What is your weakest area? Where does your organization excel? Leave a comment and let me know how you can use these five factors to start motivating your millennials (and others) today.
Download the 5 Factors that Inspire Your Millennial Workforce.
We are excited to bring the Live2Lead leader development simulcast back to Irving for 2016! If you’re ready for a new perspective, if you would enjoy learning directly from today’s top leadership experts (John C. Maxwell, Simon Sinek, Dan Cathy and Liz Wiseman), if you want to be inspired by some amazing success stories out of Irving ISD, or if you’re ready to invest in yourself – you won’t want to miss this dynamic event! Tickets are on sale now but the early bird discount ends July 31!